collage heart playtest

by | Oct 12, 2016 | Artwork #2: Appropriate

Instructions:

To be done with two or more players.

Select a canvas and a concept.
Go around until every person has placed a found image that strikes them as relevant upon the canvas. They may overlap, arrange, and rearrange the images as they wish, so long as it is their turn.
Go around again until every person has placed a found phrase that strikes them as relevant upon the canvas.
Alternate until you feel the canvas is complete.

Playtest:

I did this digitally through Google Drive with one of my close friends. The word I selected was “bright”. It was really fun – we were video calling while doing this, but we ended up not talking much, as focused as we were. At one point she asked if she could take screenshots of portions of the canvas and use that as her image, which I thought was a wonderful idea. Then she asked if she could paste the same image multiple times for one turn. I said that as long as it was the same image, she could do whatever she wanted. At another point I used a quote from a story I’d written about a year ago. Through the playtest, the idea solidified further in my mind – I wanted people to come together to build a collage of a concept using only previously created things. Appropriate them.

Some screenshots!

bright 1

bright 2

bright 3bright 4