Experiencing different life at the same time

by | Sep 26, 2023 | Artwork #1: Score

Introduction:This a game or activity that players have to take a picture at the same time, even though they may be in different places and doing different things. But the time experienced by all is fixed, and photos taken at the same time can be compared with each other. Maybe other people’s lives are not always what they want, and their own lifestyle may be what many people dream of. We should be able to find arts in other people’s life, but most importanly in our own life.

Inspirations: Kaprow said, ‘The line between art and life should be kept as fluid, and perhaps as indistinct as possible. We use our eye to observe many things/events happened  every single day. But sometimes we just ignore it, so this game force players to stop and actually observe the surroundings, art can be anything in your life. Cameras sometimes can helps you capture the moment. By putting everyone’s moment together it would be a wonderful piece because they are so random but they all happened at the same time on this planet.

Instructions:Players get together and agree on a time for the photo shoot, and a specified theme or anything that they feel like is art.

requirments: A Device that could capture photos( cell phone, digital camera, polaroid camera….)

Timekeeper,Printer(optional)

examples: I ask my friends take a picture at 5PM today(including myself), no matter where they are or what they doing.

Me at 5 pm (Playing Cyberpunk 2077, I would called it Art):

Peter at 5 pm (Studying Art design in SNELL):

Jiang at 5 PM (exploring the city):

Justin at 5 PM(staying home and looking outside):

Discussions and Conclusion: Everyone wanted to do what I was doing at 5 pm, because they were either bored or very busy. I am the only one at that time staying at home and play video game. But I actually wanted to study like peter did at 5pm,however I wasn’t in the mood. I would also like to go out and walk around the campus, yet the weather was bad so I didn’t do it.  In fact I am totally not regret about what I was doing at 5 pm because the Night City in Cyberpunk 2077 was so beatiful, it is an art piece that I can particiapte in.